Demographic Change: New Opportunities in Shrinking Europe
DC NOISE aims to deal with demographic change related issues, namely labour market, service provision and housing issues by developing transferable action strategies in the North Sea Region.
The project activities include the creation of a transnational housing atlas which contributes to the implementation of transferable and innovative housing approaches and a regional level statistical monitoring system including demographic data and indicators, as well as themes such as ‘DC and the impact on the labour market for higher educated’, the introduction of a ‘housing ambassador’ approach and researching and communicating ‘day to day Information & Communication Technology for people with a mobility handicap’.
Priority: 4 – Promoting Sustainable and Competitive Communities
All activities contribute to finding mechanisms to reduce job, service and population loss and to promote attractive regions supported by concrete measures to raise the awareness of demographic change in the North Sea Region.
– Transnational housing atlas, new housing concepts for elderly,
– Monitoring system on demographic change (DC). Regional level statistical monitoring system including demographic data and indicators,
– Improved infrastructure for elderly, ICT solutions for service provision for handling and analysing data in relation to monitoring the consequences of demographic change,
– An integrated monitoring system on demographic change,
– Analysis of the consequences of demographic change. A transnational scenario-logbook,
– New strategies to cope with demographic change, such as integration methods for elderly (50+), higher integration- and employment rates, re-education and recruitment of economically vulnerable employees, including youngsters and immigrants,
– Strategic document with best practices and advice to influence EU labour market policies.
Prosjektperiode01.06.2008 - 30.06.2011
Mer om prosjektet
Province of Zeeland
Province of Groningen
Province of West-Flanders
Province of East-Flanders
ERSV West- Vlaanderen
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Kommunalverbund Niedersachsen/ Bremen
Senator für Umwelt, Bau, Verkehr und Europa Bremen
Johann Daniel Lawaetz-Foundation
University of Abertay Dundee